Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bourbon Cherry Crush


Bourbon Cherry Crush (Smash) - The Bourbon Bee

This drink is guest posted on my lovely sister-in-law's blog illi style, she is AMAZINGLY creative and has a ton of fantastic stuff on her blog. Please check her out, you won't be sorry!

Anyone who knows me well, knows I love bourbon. I mean, I named my blog after the sweet nectar for crying out loud! Now, I try to remain a purist and drink it with minimal, if any, alterations or additions but special occasions sometimes call for going against the grain.

Valentine's Day is coming up and you have to impress your honey by serving them something as sweet and as lovely as they are. I can see it now; All Out of Love by Air Supply playing in the background, rose pedals on the table, and two Bourbon Cherry Crush's mixed with love. Cheesy? Maybe, but you will probably score points with the ol' ball and chain (don't call them that, btw).



Bourbon Cherry Crush

Adapted from how sweet it is

1 1/2 oz. bourbon (I used Four Roses)
1 oz. cherry juice (just use the juice in the maraschino cherry jar)
1/2 oz. amaretto (I used Disaronno)
Squeeze of fresh lemon
2 oz. Cherry Coke Zero or Cherry Coke
4 Brandied or Maraschino cherries

Muddle the cherries in the bottom of your glass, add ice.
Mix the bourbon, cherry juice, amaretto, and lemon in a shaker, shake, add ice, shake again.
Pour over fresh ice, top off with Coke and stir. Add a couple more cherries and a lemon wedge as a garnish, if you like.

Yields one drinkAs always, PLEASE drink responsibly, always have a designated driver. 

post signature